Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Multichoice decoder 'hacking'

So you want to watch those public free-to-air channels that we so prominently advertise, but its concerns you that it may void your warranty or might be illegal. Recently in East London pamphlets on how to 'hack' your decoder to access these free channels created some nervous reaction amongst consumers. Also, MultiChoice issued a warning that users "“who use our DStv decoders to hack into channels the company does not offer do so at their own peril."” But relax, Multichoice explained that the decoder warranty will not be compromised if you choose to go with free-to-air settings. Multichoice did however point out that they can not be held responsible for the quality of their service if users decide to alter their settings. So if you know how to use a remote why don't you follow some simple instructions and get extra content on your DStv.

[From My Broadband]

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Multichoice has recently changed their channels to 3-digit channels. Please provide us with the latest settings. Thanks Godwin (godwinb@absa.co.za)

kayfaleye said...

Please sir,is it possible to send the instruction manual to my mail box?because i was unable to download it due to the device iam using to browse.i will love to give it try if it's possible to hack dstv decoder thanks.email box-kayfaleye@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Hi, my name is Riaan and I want to know if it is at all possible to get HOPe and 3ABN on Multichoice DSD1131 decoder.

h3660 said...

Anonymous: Yes it is possible

josephsan13 said...

HI AM JOSEPH.... I NEED THE STEPS TO UNLOCK STRONG DECODER FOR WATCHING DSTV CHANNELS FOR FREE, MY EMAILS ARE JOSEPHSAN19@YAHOO.COM, BIBBY68@YAHOO.COM..... I WILL APPRECIATE THE HELP THANK YOU

Anonymous said...

i have a philibao and want to get access to the channels on dstv or asia channels. any idea? prish78@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

plz i need a ful unlock of dstv plz send it to me njasable@gmail.com

Victor Kalala said...

My name is Victor Kalala in Lusaka, Zambia. I have a PVR I de order. Please, send me the steps to catch Strong free to air. My email is victorkalala@ gmail.com.

Victor Kalala said...

My name is Victor Kalala in Lusaka, Zambia. I have a PVR I de order. Please, send me the steps to catch Strong free to air. My email is victorkalala@ gmail.com.

Unknown said...

Hello am Peter in Uganda mail me on how to access free sports channels on dstv at no cost thanks alot peterjbr95@gmail.com

Negox M6 said...

plz i need a ful unlock of dstv plz send it to shikongosebistianus@gmail.com

Negox M6 said...

plz i need a ful unlock of dstv plz send it to shikongosebistianus@gmail.com